Monday, March 24, 2008

workaholics...

i started to feel a little bored about my job. i wanted to settle the invoices fast. i was too rushy. strange, my colleagues never push me to do my work fast. Am i working at a very fast pace, or that they are slow and it's the normal speed for them?

There's something that i can never beat them, my boss and colleagues, that is, they come earlier to work and leave after i left. Well, i get my pay according to hours and i won't get extra pay if i work extra. Therefore my colleague, Ms Fong told me that i'm not encouraged to have OT. Not even the permanent workers, they too will not get extra wages.

From what i heard, she said some workers even stayed up until 9 or 10 p.m. to settle their works. They practically don't have time to have entertainment. Their wake up time is dedicated to the job only. Real workaholics? Or too many things to settle that 8 hours is simply not enough for that? They don't get extra wages for extra hours leh...

By the way while at work i just found out that i can type without looking at the keyboard. Thanks to MSN Messenger. It's just like using mobile phone. I use to type a lot of messages and i become so used to it and i can type SMSes while crossing the road! However, i don't type using the correct way though.

Have a good and blessed day!!!

1 comment:

Wendee said...

serious meh? can type without looking at the keyboard??

haha!