Monday, March 17, 2008

1st day in the corporate world

Today is my first day of working leh... woohoo...

Well, William got me this job earlier in Equatorial hotel, Accounting Department.

i only did three major things, that is, rearranging and restapling the invoices, delivery orders and purchasing orders. Next, arrange invoices according to date and serial number. This is really mad. The third one is stamping a thick stack of paid orders... the invoices again...

The colleague who is in charge of coaching me is Ms Fong. Quite leng lui 1... haha. Initially she conversed with me in English. Suddenly she asked me whether i can speak in Mandarin and Cantonese or not. Haha, i was waiting for this chance. So we started speaking in Canto. She taught me a lot of things, though many are coming. Today i'm only in charge of simple paper works.

There's an instance that was quite funny. On my way to the toilet, i almost got into a Datuk's room. Actually i didn't really know the way. No sign boards and many junctions mar... Fortunately Miss Fong alarmed me before i step my foot into the dungeon. My left foot was at the border between the inside and outside of the Datuk's door. pheewww...

After some struggles in the monorail and bus, i became so exhausted that i slept in the bus with my head half-hanging and half-touching on a Malay woman's shoulder... so paiseh!!!

Now a little sick... hmm...
Really not used to it. Last time i used to go to school early, extra classes and short time for meals. i even had tuition classes after that. And i don't get sick, iron man, maybe?
Now really beh tahan ady...

2 comments:

Wendee said...

Jia you!! haha... your working life sounds quite adventurous!

Addison said...

datuk hon!