Monday, March 10, 2008

blessings outside the Sunday service

heheh... today.. oops.. should be yesterday already... haha... Sunday morning lar. i was all of a sudden pulled away from the service from my church to the Junior class of the Sunday School. The SS long-time teacher, Aunty Viji said this session was a training ground for me, and after some training, i'll be one of the SS teachers... woohoo!!!

It wasn't easy.

Before the class started, A. Viji prayed for me. She briefed me a little. Then the little children came. We started with some kiddy songs. I felt so awkward!!! After that, the story about Peter who was jailed and saved by an angel. He knocked on the door and the servant girl Rhoda came and open the door but the believers didn't believe. (Huh, believers? didn't believe?)

We also did some art work which was making paper chains and a game which made me the one facing the door and guess who was the one knocking on a wooden surface behind me. Well, i only get one correct... hmmm...

After the lesson, Aunty Viji de-briefed me. She said that once you see the children feel bored, immediately do something else. You can even stop the story half-way to get their attention, do something else and resume later. That is why she tried to make the story as interesting as possible. She did not even mention the story is from Acts.

In games, it's ok to be the loser. It makes them feel funny. She commended me for pretending to lose the game. Hello... i memang lost in that game. i can't guess anyone. My action indeed made their day.

One amazing thing that i've learnt is that the children might not seem to understand, but the Holy Spirit has thought them. We are only God's mouthpieces. A. Viji told me to test them later. i tried. Wow... the kids really remember the names except Rhoda... haha...

Oh yeah, another good thing... the children just got closer to me... woohoo! Praise God for this experience!

1 comment:

Wendee said...

LOL... Hey good job! I'm gonna teach next week! Pray for me ya! I'm nervous...