Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pastor? me?

Today 2 people freaked me out.

1st was Kent, then aunty Patti.

After MYF, i packed the laptop and returned it to the church office. Then Kent came to me and said that whatever i did today, he saw the pastor in me. He said he wasn't joking. LOL, i freaked out 'kau kau' and told him not to prophesy at that time because i wasn't prepared for that challenge mar.

Then i was sitting on the bench, teaching Timothy Physics. Aunty Patti suddenly asked me whether i am going to be a pastor. i was so shocked and i looked at Kent who was sitting beside me and i told her that Kent just mentioned that he saw that pastor in me.

Well, this is what i did today in church and you decide whether i looked pastor-ish.

It was all last minute. Rekha called me about 20 minutes before service starts, when i was on the way to church. She said... MYF IS IN CHARGE OF CHILDREN MINISTRY!!! Wah siao... so last minute, how to prepare? Then she said think of something that has to do with love your enemies. Wow! That's my favourite verse leh! Woohoo!!!

So just before children ministry started, Rekha who was sitting beside me put her hand on my right knee cap and prayed for me without even telling me prior to that. I remembered Uncle Steven said of his own experience. Because he was rushing time, he was sort of not accepting the journey mercies prayer by a church in his heart. Soon after that he met with an accident but thank God both he and his daughter was unhurt. Immediately i agree with her prayer, fearing that God will take words away from me.

Then we all go up lor. Dee and Albert acted as two friends who didn't want to befriend Rekha because she pulled her hair. Albert even made a claim that if you want to keep nice hairstyle, do not befriend Rekha. Then i went to them and sort of counsel them and pop my favourite verse out. The whole thing went on quite smoothly lar.

After that was MYF, and instead of doing a live band or flaunt my 3 hours learnt piano chords for worship, i put up songs and do the worship session, like what we did in JS. Well, Rekha said at least the high I boys shut their gabs.

So these took place before the two of them freaked me out. It sounds like a confirmation leh. But if i really have to step my feet into this field, well, i know God will guide me 1...

4 comments:

Wendee said...

yeahh pastor! u also wear so smart today, more like pastor le... hehe. God will surely guide u! Pastor Hon!

Tristan said...

Andrew ada potential bcome pastor...haha

andrew wong said...

i where got smart... today i feel like a dumpling. my butt was stuffed in to my tight pants like dumpling stuffed into the leafs...

andrew wong said...

i mean leaves...