Monday, November 10, 2008

aiyor...

it was already kind of long ago, but i still feel that unhappiness deep in my heart. Often i'll recall this incident and made me feel bitter. Still 耿 耿 于 怀 lor...

i know i should stop thinking this. It sounds selfish. But i really have the "what the!" feeling.

Prefects's election was weeks ago. A friday. And this was a real surprising one. All these while since returning for F6, i'm already aiming for the post Vice-captain 2 as allocated for a F6 male prefect. i tried my best in everything and making sure my initial to be up on the formal board as less frequent as possible. well, that is to record prefects who are late, failed to do their cleaning duties and the fines. Seriously, my name seldom went up. The times when it was up was only because i forgot to sign in my name. That's all. I was never late.

With all these "resumes", i thought i'm getting nearer and nearer to that post...

Then all the flatters... so many of my juniors kept telling me that they are gonna vote for me la... future VC2 la... all these... But on election day, everything became so different. I didn't get voted. Hippocrites!

First of all was Mr Wong's speech. He said that he "strongly recommend" Allan to be the Vice Captain. Many past leaders were actually overlooked, according to Mr Wong. Well, the result is... Kar Wee got the post as VC while Allan got VC2. and VC2 is supposed to be a F6 prefect. Allan is in F4.

Ok fine. 1 more potential post for F6 male prefects is the Assistant Treasurer. I fought every chance to get to be nominated. Yea i got nominated finally, but Weixing got voted.

Of course i don't feel nice la... Let's see again Mr Wong's speech. He said many leaders were overlooked. And he said Allan can be one. But you see, he only saw Allan stood out a lot. And if i were to argue, i would have said he overlooked me! Also, the Constitution is the thing that we prefects held up high. But Yee Seng the outgoing Captain did not even discuss the matter with the whole Board and just open the nomination of VC2 for F4 prefects as well. Obviously not fair mar...

So i went to Pn Khaw, my prefects teacher advisor and also my Christian Fellowship teacher to talked about this. She said i can't appeal to change it because it is like giving a slap to the Mr Wong and the whole Board since he is the one voted by them. OK lor... i'm okay with that decision. it makes sense.

Now about Asst. Treasurer. I heard from one of the people who counted the ballots that Weixing has the same number of votes as i. And why is he selected but not me? Interesting answer... Weixing has no fire already.. so by giving him this post, he can be fired up. As for me... i have to concentrate in my studies. HELLO! does this make sense at all?! if concentrating in studies is a reason, they might as well not elect Joanna to be the Head Girl. Tell any of the F4 prefects to wear a skirt and get the Girl's room key la! i i think this is utter nonsense. i mean this is my opinion... im not scolding anyone. Any of the former prefects who knows this will have the same opinion as i, this im very sure!

If i were to get a post, i can be sort of an advisor because i have experience me. And if they dare to say to be an advisor, i don't have to be an EXCO, i would have replied that Allan does not need to be an EXCO to show his leadership qualities. It's not a fair statement for Allan obviously... but think la... will it be fair for Addison and i? and guess what? many of the EXCOs have their initials on the formal board. you know what i mean.

Anyway, since they are already elected, i can't be shooting them or forcing them to step down. Have to cooperate with them lor... what to do? God placed them there. I must have faith that God has His plan for the Board.

I just hope all EXCOs can work well together with good attitudes. I still love them though.

Hopefully God will deliver me from this bitterness. Even with this bitter feeling, i will still perform my duties as efficient as possible.

It might sound foolish to post this up. But if it is wrong to express my feelings in a mild way, i have nothing to say.

May God bless you all.

1 comment:

SAIHONG said...

Sigh la, why is it so... =/

Have they forgotten the reason we replaced back the VC2 post? It's to place a more experience prefect on it...

Anyway, dun be sad... Like u've said, maybe it's God's plan... Just perform ur personal best... =)