Monday, July 28, 2008

Me president?!

today's the 1st time in my life that i'm chosen as president. In particular, the Badminton Club. I didn't really expected that. At least, i'm not desperate! i sucked in badminton + no badminton history at all. But apakan daya, the outgoing president and vice supported me. Few weeks ago when i voiced out my desire to join the club, it became a hit among the then members and EXCOs. It really surprised me as i only possess a relatively low popularity level in school.

On my way to the AGM venue, i was actually aiming for the Treasurer post, seeing that i'm already holding the accounts books of CF and District MYF. I didn't even bring a whole gang of friends to vote for me, like what 4K did, which nearly dominated almost all the clubs. But many of my L6K friends were there, to my another surprise.

Anyway, this was my speech, realising that other nominees are good players. a short prayer was said before this. So this is what i told them. "i'm not here to blow water, honestly i don't have history in badminton at all. But if you think that i can manage the club well, why not, vote for me?" That's all. And i was chosen. Guess what? Someone told me i got 55 votes. Wow.

Soon after that, i saw the acocunts book. Fooooiiiiiyoh! Thank God i didn't step down and take this post. The book is simply messy with receipts stapled almost everywhere. Now i really thank God that i'm the president.

May God bless me in my presidency of this club and treasureship of CF and District MYF, not forgetting my studies, horizontal and vertical relationships and small little ministries for God!

No comments: