Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Women who provided to meet Jesus' needs

Luke 8:1-3
Some time later Jesus traveled through towns and villages, preaching the Good News about the Kingdom of God. The twelve disciples went with him, and so did some women who had been healed of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (who was called Magdalene), from whom seven demons had been driven out; Joanna, whose husband Chuza was an officer in Herod's court; and Susanna, and many other women who used their own resources to help Jesus and his disciples.

There was this lady in my church la... she shared her testimony with me one Sunday evening after YLDP. She told me about her past when she was filthy rich, tens of thousands wasn't a problem.. yada yada yada... and until her money was cheated by the husband and bumped into the spiritual realms eventually. and of course.. her deliverance.

Last Sunday, after service, she opened a stall outside the sanctuary to sell her products from a Christian bookshop. Well, she wasn't selling books but bible covers and a kind of special pillow for book, laptops etc etc. for comfort while reading or using laptop. It costs RM75. Earlier during church carnival, it was RM40.

Then dunno y la... she suddenly whisper to me that she's giving that to me as a gift... whaow!!! chun leh! perhaps she felt encouraged when she see me, so she give that to me..? i shud say that i felt more encouraged when i listened to her testimony...

I'm not saying i'm like Jesus la.. but this lady's attitude reminds me of the women who use their own resources for Jesus' and his disciples. They have the gift of giving... So do this lady. Praise God!

No comments: