Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jesus' Legacy

Today's Lent meditation reading is on Jesus' Legacy.

Points of interest that i found out are

1. Jesus did not tun back against His betrayer (1st sentence).
This reminds me of the verses Luke 6:27-28, my favourite verses.
Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you.
Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who mistreat you.

2. Jesus is not a chicken.
He did not run away. Instead, he stayed & prayed & asked Peter, James and John to pray for
Him.

3. Jesus is obedient.
Though He is God, he did not use His divinity to escape from the suffering. He was obedient to
the Father even till the point of His death. "not my will, but yours be done."

At the Over to You section, the 'one sacrifice' & 'deny yourself of one thing' made me think of the CNY card World Vision sent to me which i just opened today. Should i sponsor a child? i thought of it before this and it's within my limit. But do i have the commitment?

Next is about forgiving people who had hurt me. Hmm... sounds easy for me, but not all the time.
Obeying what Jesus taught & following His examples are sometimes tough for me. After today's reading, will i be able to not 'pou sau' (take revenge) against my adversaries? Will i be brave to go through pain and suffering for the common good? Will i be obedient?

I thank God for inspiring the writer for today's meditation. There's 1/4 chance that the writer is Kokobert!